Monday, May 04, 2009

crack up!

I just wanted to give a shout out to Neil, one of our athletes who competed this weekend. Neil just cracks me up and that's why I decided to feature him here. I think that's a beer in his hand. No worries. That's just how we do it at One World.

Warm-up
Tabata Row: 44 cals total
Stretching

CrossFit One World WOD
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
400m run
20 jumping pull-ups (Note: The WOD was scaled)

Joanne's Final Count - 4 rounds + 200 meter run

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I hate pull-ups. It's not because they're not good for me. It's because I have a hard time doing them. Plus, they mess up your hands. From here on out, I'll be doing them modified kipping style as opposed to regular jumping. They take longer, are harder, and will most likely prompt me to modify many-a-WOD. However, I really need to get my ass in gear and get going on those pull-ups! I'd like to reach my first actual kipping pull-up by the end of the year. Think I can do it?!

I also want to say that I finally got to meet Little Bear. Grrah! fathlete confession: As I get older I'm realizing more and more that I really like kids. I'm also really good with them... Sometimes. When they're well behaved. ha ha! I'm sure something's ticking, but whatever!

No comments: