Thursday, December 25, 2008

fierce present!

This year we decided to get creative with our gift boxes. This is Bren showing excitement over finding this tampax box beneath the wrapping paper. That face is classic, I tell you!

I admit that when the cold weather kicks in, I get a little lazy.

Okay. I get A LOT lazy! I have to admit that I've been trying to figure out some inspiration to (1) maintain the weight I've already lost and (2) go further in developing a healthier lifestyle and conquering this diabetes thing. These days I'm itching for inspiration that I'm willing to find it anywhere. Seriously. Anywhere.

Today my Auntie Lily gave me a beautiful blouse a la Michael Kors. I was so jazzed because well, I just don't have the budget to shop outside of Old Navy and Target, with a few trips to the uber-clearance rack at Macys. So to get such a lavish gift excited me to no end. I can always count on my aunt to get me a great pice of clothing because no mater what, she always knows our style and naturally, our sizes.

Um. Did I mention that this lovely Michael Kors blouse came in a size medium? Yup. That's right. A MEDIUM!

In truth, I was a bit worried because fancy designers usually size their clothing too small. Last year, Auntie's gift came in an XL (which naturally fit well at the time). So the jump to medium was flattering, but cause for minor concern. So I snuck into the CR to try it on and OMG. It fit perfectly. I now have a great blouse to wear for New Year's Eve.

So there it is. My new totally superficial inspiration. If auntie thinks I can squeeze into a medium, then off to the gym I shall go.

1 comment:

diana.grace said...

Joanne!

What about me & our half marathon/5k plans! How about that for motivation?

Or perhaps a toasty apartment, a nice running route (Crissy/Golden Gate Park),and perhaps a hawaiian cafe?