Wednesday, November 26, 2008

CrossFit One World WOD



I had to share this photo of Kirk, one of the guys who trains at One World. Here's what Freddy had to say:
Kirk Wu on his way to kicking the crap out of the SF Crippler with a blazing time of 6:21. If you pay attention to the boards, you have noticed that day in and day out, Kirk is one of the top performers at One World. Hard to believe that early in 2007, Kirk was dismissed from the SWAT team because he couldn't pass the physical fitness quarterly qualifier. (He couldn't finish the 1.5 mile run in 16 minutes.) Kirk new he had gotten lazy and out of shape. Kirk started Crossfitting in July of 2007. A few months back, he reapplied for the SWAT team. He crushed the physical fitness test and finished first overall. Kirk was reinstated on the team, and we were glad to have him back! So just how much has he improved??? Kirk ran a 5k race last weekend and finished with a 7 minute mile average. WOW!

Big congrats Kirk! You rock!

Warm-up
None

WOD: Mr. Joshua
Five rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
30 Glute-ham sit-ups
15 Deadlifts 115#

Joanne's Final Time - 39:10

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
This is not one of my favorite workouts. Who the hell am I kidding? I hate this WOD. I really should have looked at my last effort on this one. It was miserable and it took me almost an hour to finish. Tonight's was much better, but I lightened up the deadlift a lot! Next time I'll go 135# and just work through the misery. Tonight was challenging because the roads were wet and dark, so I have to be extra cautious when I run. (I sprained an ankle and busted my knee a few years ago and haven't quite gotten over it.) Also, the pads on the GHD machines are wearing, so I lost a lot of time trying to set up a machine.

Setbacks aside, this was miserable. Period.

No comments: