Monday, November 06, 2006

back in the saddle again.

Okay... so tonight's workout totally kicked my ass. I was about eleven minutes behind the second slowest person. UGH! Freddy's right. This is what happens when you get lazy and miss too many workouts. I have no excuse really, except my body was tired. Just plain tired. My body was so sore last week and with all the company in town and stuff I wanted to do I decided to let my workouts suffer.

I paid the price tonight.

Pictured below is one of my CrossFit heroes, ACB (the Amazing Caroline Barnes). This photo can be found at CrossFit One World.

Oh well... usually when I do a bad workout, it's because I'm in my head. However, my body was just winded last night. Maybe it's because I didn't eat much before I got to the workout (just a few crackers; my last meal before the 5pm workout was at 12:30pm), which explains why I was a little shaky (literally!). But thanks to Coach Brad and Coach Lazer B (Freddy) I at least finished. They helped me run the 800 and 400 meter runs respectively. Also, ACB (the Amazing Caroline Barnes) was great. She's totally my hero - smoking all the boys during CrossFit. But ACB also manages to stay humble in the process. I swear, if I had her skills I'd be a total egomaniac. Umm.... maybe that's why I don't have her skills.

Anyway... I'm hoping tomorrow's workout will be a lot better. Wish me luck!

No comments: