Monday, October 11, 2010

paleo find!

At the Lucky grocery store in Union Landing, they sell "Fiesta  Chicken
Salad." I think it runs about $6 a pound. A pound goes a long way and I
find that $3 worth of the stuff is plenty for a good meal. I've visited other
Lucky stores and it looks like this one is the only one that carries it.
Though it's fine to eat it as is, I did take my salad home and added
some extra special goodness: more lemon, olive oil, and a dash of salt.
It was sooo yummy. When I forget to pack lunch or am looking for a
healthy snack, this is my go-to meal.
Today's Small Victories
I wrote today's post!

Warm-up
Run 400 meters
20 squats
20 push-ups
20 Abmat sit-ups

CrossFit One World WOD
Run 1.1 miles
Tabata squats
Run 1.1 miles
Tabata push-ups
Walk 800 meters
Tabata Abmat sit-ups
Joanne's Final Time - N/A

Notes (to myself) about this workout: After being gone for a week, this was a good WOD to come back to. Yea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That salad looks AWESOME, J-Ro! I may have to take a gander down to Safeway and try it out!

Great to see you posting again. I really enjoy your blogs.

Miss you at the box.

Evil Twin Mary

j-ro said...

Thanks Mary! I forgot to mention that adding avocado makes this really yummy too!

I'm trying to make it in more often. Darn schedule!