Thursday, October 29, 2009

halloween!

Halloween is around the corner and unfortunately, I have no plans. Serves me right, though. I have way too much on my plate and it might be a good idea for me to stay in and get some work done. Besides, I have no desire to conjure up some crazy outfit. Granted, I'm the queen of last minute Halloween costumes on a budget. This year, I have no creative juices in sight. In case you were looking for some ideas, check out what the Zen Capitalist has to say. (Note: Check out the comments section because I posted my costume suggestions!)

For shits and giggles, here is what last year's costume was: In case you need a hint as to what I dressed up as, this should help you:
A while back, Rudy, one of my academic bros used to live in the bay area. For my b-day, Rudy, Margaret, and I threw an 80s party. Here are the costumes we came up with:
If you're wondering who I came dressed up as, check this out:

How else was I supposed to live out my Janet dreams?!

Warm-up
Row 1000 meters
Prep for the WOD

CrossFit One World WOD
Deadlift three reps on the minute. Add 20# every minute. Guys start weight is 205#. Girls start weight is 145#. Go up 20# every minute. We will set up a bar at 145#, 165#,185#, 205#, 225#, 245#, 265#, 285#, 305#. After 305#, we will add 10# every attempt. Spend a lot of time warming up, this will be fun!

Joanne's Final Time - 145/165/185/205/225

Notes (to myself) about this workout: At 225#, my lifts looked ugly. My third lift barely counted. Actually, I didn't count it at all because I didn't think it was up to par. As far as I know, my max single rep deadlift is 230#. That's with no coaching. It's been a while since I've done the deadlift, so I'm not sure what my max is now. Three reps in a minute sucks because there's no time to be patient. Yeah. This is yet another thing I have to work on.

Kudos to Bobbi and Lori who braved the WOD with me. You ladies did awesome. Also, the guys rocked it out! Jerry L., Chris T., Caleb and Eric who tapped out at 465# were all amazing!

No comments: