Thursday, February 19, 2009

80s unlimited!

I lifted this photo from CrossFit Unlimited. Our friends there recently celebrated their one year anniversary. Congrats CrossFit Unlimited! I think Austin is an amazing trainer and runs a great box! To mark the occasion, Austin organized a little 80s theme party. Um. How cool is that?! If we did that at One World, I so would have showed up as Janet a la "Pleasure Principle." Damn!

Warm-up
I was running late because I missed my bart train. Therefore, I caught the last round of push presses, overhead squats, front squats, pull-ups, push-ups and supermans.

CrossFit One World WOD

Complete 10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1 reps for time of:
Dumbbell thrusters (20#; by round 6, scaled down to 15#)
Wall balls (14#; by round 7, scaled down to 10#; by round 5, scaled down to 8#)
Box jumps (18"; by round 5 scaled down to 12")

Joanne's Final Time - 17:54

Notes (to myself) about this workout: So we're starting this new mode of training where we scale down to finish within a particular time set. The goal was to finish in 12-14 minutes. I'm learning that these time goals are not necessarily for someone like me. I was hoping to finish in around 20 minutes (no scaling down). However, Eric adjusted our weights and such to up the intensity. I'm not sure how I feel about it because at the end of the WOD, I just feel like I cheated myself. Though I didn't mind dropping the weight for the thrusters and wall balls, I didn't really like switching the box because it threw my jump off. I wouldn't have minded a longer time if the box stayed the same. Oh well. All adjusting needs a little tweaking. I'm still tweaking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Joanne, would you have rocked the Janet outfit with Spirit Fingers?? You are always welcome at the Unlimited parties *as long as you bring your SPIRIT FINGERS!!!

Hope all is well!

j-ro said...

Girl, I would have rocked the outfit while doing the cabbage patch WITH spirit fingers! 'Cuz that's just how we do it at One World! ha ha!

Likewise, I hope to see you at the next One World gig!