Sunday, November 18, 2007

get your veggies on

Truth be told, when I go grocery shopping, I like to buy fresh veggies. They look better. They taste better. The thought of fresh veggies just warms my heart. In theory, fresh veggies are fabulous... until I open my veggie drawer about three weeks later and find the whole rotten lot. UGH! Anyway... I've decided to take control of that by immediately saute-ing my veggies. See the photo? Nice, huh? This is also why I l-o-v-e those handy dandy ziploc disposable plastic containers. They rock. Another little discovery I made through my sister are these green bags that make your food last longer. (You can also buy them here at a better deal.) I've looked at the online reviews and they seem a bit mixed. However, I totally love them. If I want to keep my veggies raw, then I cut and prep them and store them in the bags. I'm not sure if you're actually supposed to do that. However, it totally works for me. (Here's a tip: knot the bags, don't use a twist tie.) You can also store fruit, which is what my sister does and it works for her. I go through fruit pretty quickly so I don't need the bags for those. Anyway... I hope this helps you get your veggies on!

No comments: