Tuesday, November 13, 2007

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
Run 800 meters THREE times
Stretch

WOD
Complete 3/3/3/3/3/3/3 reps of:
Clean

Joanne's weight: 43/53/63/63/68/68/68



And then...
FOUR rounds of:
25 abmat sit-ups
25 supermans

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I came in early and ended up doing a lot of running. I don't like pushing a lot of weight. In fact, I was going to skip this workout all together and do the "Michael" workout (hence all the running). However, I figured I should at least try to nail the movement. My low weight shows that I'm pretty weak, but also need to work on technique. I tried to do 73 lbs twice, but for some reason I couldn't get it high enough. Personally, I think my boobs were in the way. heh! The bar has to be pretty close to the body, so when it passed my chest, I got stuck. I don't think they Oly lifts were meant for busty women. I've been trying to file formal complaints, but no one has called back yet. ha ha ha!

Notes (to myself) about the Challenge Restart:
I've been bad. Actually, I've been doing my best. My meds are working out fine. Today I had a fantastic interview in SF and my interviewee took me out to lunch at We Be Sushi and coffee/desserts at Tartine Bakery. Tartine rocks! My interviewee was extremely generous and paid for all the food. For dessert, she bought three different things because she wanted me to have a little taste of everything. Luckily, I didn't go overboard and literally had a taste of everything. She then let me take it all home, which I did. However, I passed it on to my niece and nephews because though they may not have appreciated the fine taste of the desserts, I'm sure they liked having them anyway.

Balancing the health stuff with school stuff has been challenging. But I'm hanging in there. A big thanks to Margaret for letting me bitch and moan over the phone. UGH! I hate it when I get that way!

No comments: