Tuesday, January 04, 2011

hello 2011

I have decided that the theme for 2011 is RUNNING. Thoughts are still brewing, so I'll elaborate on a future post. For now, the photo to the left is the FIRST photo taken of me this year. My dear friend Margaret is the person with me. We spent NYE at a restaurant in San Jose. For $40, it was all the booze you could drink. Unfortunately, not a drop of water was available. If you didn't know, I'm not much of a drinker - just a social one at best. So yes, that is champagne in my hand. Dehydration was setting in and I just needed something wet. Gah!


Today's Small Victories
Made it to the gym!

Warm-up
Row 1000 meters (Jason's technique - pull hard and fast with a break; strokes/minute should be under 20)

CrossFit One World WOD: Schoolboy
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
5 deadlift 165#
1 rope climb (modified)

Joanne's Final Count - 10 rounds + 3 deadlift

Notes (to myself) about this workout: I liked the warm-up because it prepared us for the deadlift. Also, it showed me that I could use less energy and still row at the same pace as I usually row when I'm doing 1000 meters. Gotta love the technique warm-ups!

I'm not a fan of Schoolboy or the deadlift. But There it is. My back hates me right now. Bleh.

2 comments:

diana.grace said...

Aww I was thinking about you ladies @ New Years this year- well before and after bc I was pretty much in and out of sleeping and sick on NYE. Boooo.

I MISS YOU! And I am sad the NYE tradition of spending it with fierce ladies was broken. =(

Anyway, my goal is to run Bay 2 Breakers so maybe we can have some running days together?!?

diana.grace said...

P.S. You two look great!!!! =D