Friday, January 18, 2008

donate to a good cause: help a pinay sista out!

Hello all!

I wanted to pass on some information about a fellow Runbu-Runner, Nerinna Valera. She's participating the the AIDS/Lifecycle this year. It's a really great event and she's raising money for a wonderful cause. I'm especially impressed because Nerinna has had to slow down her workout style this past year because of some health issues. Now, she's back on track and I'm really proud of her.

If any of you are interested, please donate and support a sista, will ya? Below is Nerinna's most recent donation letter. If you'll notice, Nerinna is also an amazing photgrapher. She's offering services with a minimum donation. Details are below. Thanks!



Hello friends and family,

As many of you already know, I'll be participating as a cyclist in AIDS/Lifecycle, a 545 mile cyling journey from San Francisco to Los Angeles. Since the 5th of this month I've been hitting the road putting in the mileage along with cross-training. My legs feel stronger, I'm cyling faster, and lovin' it. It's a little hard when it's raining but rain or shine I'm out there.

I know it's only been a week since my last e-mail but for the fundraising portion I wanted to thank those who have donated. Every bit does help. And to encourage those who haven't yet had a chance to donate, I'm offering photography services. As some of you know, I'm a photographer and I will gladly spend one hour photographing you, your family, your children, baby, dog, cat, parakeet, and/or goldfish if you donate $100 or more. You'll receive a CD of high resolution images which are up to poster size printable, online viewing of images will be available, and your $100 is fully tax-deductible. Your contribution will go towards two wonderful nonprofit organizations and you'll be getting a great photo deal! Christmas is next week and New Year's is around the corner...it could be a holiday present to self, family, or pet. You won't be disappointed. Samples of my work can be seen at nerinna.com or on my photo/cycling blog at http://nerinna.bigfolioblog.com.

You are an incredible and important part of reaching my fundraising goal and I do hope you will support me, the San Francisco AIDS Foundation, and the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center. Again, no amount is too small. Also, please send me names of friends or family members who have been affected with AIDS/HIV. I will fit their names onto my jersey to remember who I'm riding for. Hope you all are looking forward to some time off and fun during the holidays.

Hugs,

nerinna

Make a donation now on my personal page:
https://www.aidslifecycle.org/donate/2324

No comments: