Thursday, January 03, 2008

2007 Final Count

Using my handy-dandy Streaming Colors Fitness Calendar from 2007, I decided to tally up my workouts. Here is my final count...

CrossFit: 69 hours
Krav Maga/Fit-2-Fight: 8 hours
Spin: 34 hours
Running/Walking: 12 hours
Yoga: 54 hours
Bellydance/Salsa: 53 hours

Total workout hours: 230
Average workout hours per week: 4.42


In looking back in my calendar, it was interesting to see what months I was really on and what months I was totally off. Early in the year, especially in February, the workouts were slim because I sprained my ankle and busted my knee open. Remember that? I sprained my ankle again not too long after that. Needless to say, it was a pretty rough start. I was pretty consistent (to my surprise) for the rest of the year, except the holidays.

I was also surprised to discover that I'm about 12-15 pounds lighter now that I was this time last year. I think it has to do with the byetta I've been taking. Also, I was in a relationship last year with a guy that didn't have the eating restrictions I had, so I just faltered. Lesson learned. When in a relationship, you have to stick to your own health goals. In 2007 I think I learned a lot about health - especially in the latter part of the year when for some reason, my health seemed to be in a more crucial state.

One of the most important lessons I've learned last year is forgiveness. In this culture, we're so fixated on being perfect that we forget that real learning comes from the mistakes we make. I've learned to forgive my body and to honor it for what it does, as opposed to focusing on what it is not. My body is not a size 2. I'm okay with that. I forgive my body for that because this non-size 2 body does so much more. Hence, the hours of CrossFit and dealing with THREE sprained ankles quite gracefully.

In 2008, I'm hoping to do more CrossFit. In fact, each month, I'm going to record my goal hours with each exercise and see if I actually make it. Also, with my challenges, I've decided that taking away food isn't the best thing because it makes me want it even more. I can do that for a short period, say 30 days. But the more I do it, the less healthy my relationship with food becomes. So my next resolution is to make sure I'm eating a serving of fruit and/or veggies at every meal. It's been working nicely so far. Maybe that's my first resolution. More on that to come!

No comments: