Wednesday, January 09, 2008

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.


This is Jolie, one of the instructors at One World. She was the cover girl for this month's CrossFit Newsletter. Here's what Freddy posted: By now, all of you should be subscribed to the Crossfit Journal, but if you are not, here's another reason! Our very own Jolie Gentry is the cover story of the January 2008 issue. It's a great article. Jolie shares her thoughts on being a female athlete, her start with Crossfit, and a little insight about her job (she's a cop and a SWAT operator if you didn't know)! Congrats Jolie and way to start 2008 off with a bang!

Warm-up
Jump rope
THREE rounds of 10 reps:
Shoulder rolls
Shoulder press
Push press
Push jerk
GHD sit-ups
GHD push-ups

WOD: Jelly Legs
Complete five rounds for time of:
500m row
25 squats
25 box jumps 12"

Joanne's Final Time: N/A

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
This was my first CrossFit workout of the year. A little late, I know. It's just that I've been busy finalizing plans for the Philippines, taking care of the stupid things I put off during the holiday, and helping my brother move into his new place (don't get me started on that!). I did his WOD instead of the one posted because I didn't want to lift max weights after getting immunization shots.

I like WODS like this because they're long. I think I took over a half hour. For me, that's an ideal WOD because it's both cardio and strength over a good amount of time. I'm definitely out of shape, but I need to just honor the fact that I'm back on my feel wa-hoo!

No comments: