Monday, September 17, 2007

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
1000 meter row
THREE Rounds:
Samson Stretch
10 Deadlifts
10 Shoulder rolls
10 Push press
10 Thrusters

WOD: Kelly
Complete five rounds for time of:
Run 400m
30 box jumps 12" box
30 wall balls 8#

Joanne's final time - 41:47

And then...
Three Rounds:
25 Sit-ups
25 Back Extensions

100 Twisters

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
This was a tough workout! As Brad says, it's never as easy as it looks on the board. Not that I thought it would be easy. This was definitely tough. It took me longer than I anticipated to finish. I think I chose a good box height and wall ball weight. I usually do 10# wall ball, but with this many reps, I knew I had to scale it down. 8# was perfect. I don't think I need to go heavier on the box jumps. This is primarily because I'm afraid to fall with a higher box. Also, I'm not a big fan of plyos. Maybe if I were smaller I'd feel differently. For now, 12" is plenty to jump 150 times!

I was way too tired to do a proper "And then..." My legs hurt so much that I plopped off the GHD machine and did stuff on the floor. Even then, I only did two out of the three rounds, and didn't do twisters at all. I'm not that bummed because I usually skip the "And then..."

OWMA Quotable Quote
"This f---ing sucks!"
- Joanne

No comments: