Monday, September 10, 2007

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
Row 1000 meters
THREE rounds of:
Samson Stretch
10 Shoulder press
10 Shoulder rolls
10 Overhead Squats
10 Sit-ups
!0 Back Extensions
10 Push-ups

WOD: "Nancy"
Complete five rounds for time of:
Run 400m
15 overhead squats 35#

Joanne's final time - No time recorded.

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
As with all CrossFit workouts, this one was difficult. I thought that the 35# weight was good enough for me. This workout taught me the importance of form. Jolie warned that my shoulders may be sore the next day because I kept leaning forward. In fact, during the second round, I unexpectedly dropped the weight because of bad form. I didn't want to decrease the weight because I knew it was heavy enough. For next time, I know that I need to be better at keeping my back arched and sticking my butt out more. This will help me avoid leaning forward. Also, I need to keep my arms wide and try to grip with my four fingers over the thumb for better stability. Keeping a relaxed grip is also important because my fingers were a little numb from by death grip!

For this workout, I had the pleasure of bringing Margaret with me. She did great, finishing an entire round ahead of me. She modified by using a 4# ball and squatting on a red box. No time was recorded for Margaret. Congrats to Margaret for surviving the workout and for saying her infamous words to Freddy :) Yea!

OWMA Quotable Quote
"F--k you Freddy!"
- Margaret claims that one of the reasons why she wanted to check out CrossFit at One World is to have the right to say "F--k you Freddy!" I'm glad her dream came true yesterday. Freddy's response? "Damn! You are Joanne's friend!"

No comments: