Tuesday, September 11, 2007

CrossFit One World W.O.T.D.

Warm-up
Row 1000 meters
THREE Rounds of:
Samson Stretch
10 Shoulder rolls
10 Overhead squats
10 GHD sit-ups
10 GHD back extensions
10 Dips

WOD
Complete as many rounds as you can in 20 minutes of:
5 band assisted pull-ups
10 push-ups (on knees)
15 squats

Joanne's final count - 13 rounds + up to 6 push-ups
Nikko's final count - 16 rounds (as RX'd with full pull-ups and push-ups)
Margaret's final count - 10 rounds + up to 4 squats (modified with jumping pull-ups)

Notes (to myself) about this workout:
I'm proud of my performance today. I definitely need to work on those band assisted pull-ups. I'm having a hard time getting my chin over the bar. This just tells me that I need to develop my upper body strength. At some point I need to practice doing full plank push-ups. This will happen when I get back on a more consistent CrossFit groove. According to my site, I've done this workout at least twice before. Both times I did it with jumping pull-ups which go a little faster than the band assisted pull-ups. Today's performance is the most I've completed. Though I felt winded afterwards, during the workout I didn't take too many breaks, which is a good sign :)

Today I brought Nikko and Margaret to the workout. They both did great! It gave Nikko the chance to work on his pull-ups, which is what he's been wanting to do. Margaret really pulled through and I'm hoping this gets her out of the workout funk she says she's been in.

OWMA Quotable Quote
"F--k you, Joanne!"
- Margaret realizes who she should really be mad at!

No comments: