Sunday, August 26, 2007

a bonafide running goal

Today I got to spend some time with my dear friend Jaz. We've known each other for years! Jaz is one of my dear friends from college who I wish I got to see more often. She's moving to Maui in a few weeks, so this was basically the last time I'll get to see her until I actually fly my ass out to Maui (not something I would mind, but I need to figure out how to afford this sucker!).

Anyway... we made a pact today. In 2008, Jaz and I will be running the Maui Half Marathon. Yea! This is my first bonafide running goal, which I plan on keeping. That makes the half marathon over a year away. In fact, I'm planning on doing the Maui Half followed by the Nike Women's Half (if I get to sign up for it) in San Francisco and the Rock-n-Roll Half in San Jose (should I feel up to it).

These are my goals for next year. I figure if I write them down, someone will hold me to it!

2 comments:

Animae said...

You guys are awesome! I'd settle for a 5k :-)

j-ro said...

ahem. don't be too impressed just yet. i did my first semi-long run (almost 3 miles) on monday and naturally, i blistered. it's taken me out of crossfit this week. it's not terrible, but i did have to cut the skin so it could heal. sucks!

i just bought a book called "Fixing Your Feet," which I hope will help.