Tuesday, November 29, 2005

holiday reunions

The rain has been making it difficult for me to want to run these days. I'm still shooting for the half marathon in February, but my training schedule is off. Oh well...

I hope everyone's holiday was great. Mine was pretty decent. On Sunday we had a reunion of sorts with my cousins, who I haven't seen since I was 12 years old! It's funny because this reunion is actually runbu-related. Earlier this year, Coach Alex and Coach Rex ran into my cousin Cha-Cha at a family gathering (quite a small world we live in). Through them I connected with Cha during my nephew Ian's baptism (you remember the fierce Ian-saurus Rex from a few postings ago). Since then, we've kept in touch. Cha and her siblings Din-Din, Bing-Bing and A-A (yes, we are a Filipino family who abides by Filipino naming rules: pick a sound and repeat twice; that sound will be your new nick name) were in town for a high school band reunion this weekend. This is how we were able to meet up with my long, lost family over some yummy dim sum. Unfortunately, their younger sibling Anjoo wasn't there, neither was their mom, my Auntie Gigi. Anjoo and Auntie were in LA taking care of the kids. We're hoping to have a bigger and more proper reunion sometime in the near future. Until then, here are some photos. Enjoy!

P.S. I just wanted to give Coach Rex and Coach Alex a big THANK YOU for reconnecting me with my family. It's been great catching up with them.



The Kids (sans Anjoo): Bing, Cha, Ian, A-A and Din.



This is me with my brother Gerry and cousin Bing.



The whole clan. Standing L-R are: A-A, Din, Liezel, Cha and me. Seated are: Bing, Andy, Ian, Uncle Jun, Auntie Lily, my mom, my niece Sonia Ann, and my brother Gerry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

cheers on your reunion! it is a small world indeed.
--alex

Anonymous said...

Joanne,

Never give up and keep training! Hope to see you at the Honolulu Marathon in 2006!

Just a little inspiration for you:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051209/SPORTS21/512090363/1032/SPORTS

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne: Interesting blog. I’ll save it in my favorites. I too have a blog about MANNATECH. <. Just in case, you’re interested in, MANNATECH check out my site. The company is endorsed by over 350 Pro Athletes. A good site for more information is http://www.xelr8-xelr8.com. Take Care