Thursday, November 17, 2005

Christmas Wishes and the next race

Lately I've been feeling a little down and decided to cope by planning my next race. After some searching online, I decided that my next race would be this:

Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon and 5K Run/Walk
Sunday, February 5, 2006 8:00 a.m.
Stow Lake & JFK Drive, GG Park
San Francisco , CA

Registration info can be found here. Early registration is only $35.

Like I said, I would do only half marathons at best. It's happening on Superbowl Sunday, so while the nation is obsessing over a football game I could care less about, I'll be taking it to the streets of San Francisco. I'm excited about this run, but am a bit nervous because it looks like I'll be running it alone. However, if any of you would like to join me and the masses, please let me know. I'm always looking for folks to train with (and who are willing to run at my slow-ass pace).

With that, I'm needing to get back into training. This is a good thing because in truth, Maui and Nike kinda scarred me. I think this is my redemption race. I'm not running for time, really. I just want to finish before the cones go up. I don't think that's a lot to ask. Again, any takers?

With this new goal in mind, I'm also needing new running shoes. It looks like I'll be needing some orthotics which run about $250 (but well with the investment because they protect my knees, last 3-5 years and are custom made for my big, flat feet). I'm also needing a new pair of running shoes which run about $130. Luckily, my sister is really good at organizing the family to contribute to my running fund in lieu of birthday and Christmas presents. I don't think she'll be able to collect the whole $380 I need, but she'll collect enough to help me out. I've also scheduled myself to work a lot this holiday season in order to come up with the rest of the funds. However, if any of you or your rich friends want to help fund my hopeful running career, feel free to contact me:).

Hmph. If you told me this time last year that I'd be running half marathons for leisure, I'd probably call you crazy... Now look who's the crazy one!

1 comment:

Gladys said...

Count me in for the "fund," birthday girl!