Monday, May 09, 2011

go mermaid, go!

This past Saturday, I ran the Mermaid 5K with Miss Lori and Miss Lyn. They both had their daughters run the race too. It was really great to see all the athletes there, especially the little girls who ran the mini-maid! Everybody crossed the same finish line. Overall, it was a great event and I'd definitely do it again. However, I do have one complaint... The announcement for the mini maid race wasn't very clear. One moment, they announced the race would start in 3 minutes, the next moment, there was a gang of little girls running to whoknowswhere. Boo! Anyway... Many thanks to Lori and the SO for taking pix. Here are a few of them. Enjoy!

While waiting for the 5K to start, we decided to take a group
pic by the finish line. Yes. Those are spirit fingers you're
looking at.


And here we are waiting for the race to start.

Admittedly, this is my favorite pic. EVER. My jaw gets a
little tight, so I tend to loosen it up a bit. (I see Manny Pacquiao
do it sometimes.) What it has to do with running? Not much. While I
was poking my jaw, the SO asked, "What kind of stretch is that?!"
and I just started bursting into laughter. Hence, the silly photo.

And here we are after we finished.

No comments: