Wednesday, April 27, 2011

born this way

fathlete confession: No matter what you say or think, I am NOT a Gleek! However, I am in deep love with this week's episode which featured Lady Gaga's "Born This Way." Here's the clip:


In particular, I LOVE what Tina (aka the Asian gal on the show) declared. It's become my new mantra of sorts. It goes a little something like this: ‎"If I don't have many Asian sex symbols to look up to, I have an obligation to become one myself. My new mantra is: Be the change you want to see in the world."

POW! Eat that, world of haters!

Today's Small Victories
I ran. I sucked. But I did it. Oooh! I finally found my running hat.

Today's Workout
Run 5K

Notes (to myself) about this workout: This was the worst run I've done in quite a while. I was sucking air, my hands were swollen, and I just wasn't feeling it. It's not like me to not finish a run, so I ended up walking the last half mile. Many thanks to Miss Lori for hanging in there with me. Gah. Bad run:(

On another note, I wonder if compression makes a difference. This was the first run I did where I was compression-less. Hmph.

No comments: