Monday, February 06, 2012

aaaaand she's back!

This was taken during my last race of 2011.
I ran the Mermain 10K in SF with Lori and
Lyn. It wasn't my best race, but as always, I'm
glad I did it. I'm still trying to figure out my
running schedule for 2012. I'll let you know
details as soon as I decide!
Hello all!

I know. It's been a LONG time! Yes. I've missed you too. A lot has happened since my last entry. The long and short of it is this:

1) I moved to South San Francisco.
2) I no longer CrossFit, which means...
3) I'm now at your standard globo gym. fathlete confession: It's not as bad as you think. At the end of the day, exercise is exercise. While I miss CrossFit, there are certainly things about it that I can do without. I'm enjoying the break. When the day comes that I go back to CrossFit, I know the road won't be easy. Right now, I need the break. I need to re-set and re-evaluate.
4) I'm still working on moving forward and moving on. It's a scary road. But I'm ready roll. Full throttle. BRING IT!

When I clicked on the "new post" button, I meant to explain the changes in my life and why CrossFit and I are on a "break." However, I just don't feel like getting into the details right now. Instead, I think I'm just going to keep it simple. This is still a blog where I record my random musings about health and all that good stuff. I promise I'll try to keep things interesting. For now, I just want to say hello and I've missed you.

By the way, a dear friend of mine and I started a new blog called Academic Kitchen. It's a food blog! I use it to connect stories about food and memory. It's where Fritzie and I share various food adventures including what we're eating, what we're cooking, and who we're doing this with. I'll share more about why we started this new blog in another entry. For now, feel free to visit, comment, and simply enjoy the place "where nerds cook up a storm."

Today's Small Victories
You're reading it. Yay.

Today's Workout
I took a break this morning. I woke up at 5:30am, dressed up and was headed out the door. But something just didn't feel right. My body didn't feel right. I headed back to the apartment and my stomach started to ache really bad. This, to me, was a sign that I needed to stay in. I shall hit the globo gym tomorrow morning. Yay.

1 comment:

Lyn C said...

Yaaay I'm glad you are back. I can't wait to run with you & Lori for the year 2012. Kaiser? Mermaid? NWM? Giants Race? It's all about the swag.