Sunday, April 09, 2006

off to Prague



Here's the official National Championship photo of the team. Nikko and Norbert are towards the left. I don't think it'll be hard to find their brown faces. It looks like the San Jose Sharks (yes, of the NHL) posted a story about the Blackhawks winning the National Championship. Here it is.

Nikko left for Prague yesterday. Earlier when I asked if he was excited about going, he looked a little sad and said, "I really wish someone in our family was going with me." It's tough because we can barely afford to send him, let alone one of us along with him. Luckily, he's with trusted family friends, so I think he'll be fine. My sister wrote this to me:

As we we're driving out of our driveway, it was just me and Nikko in the car...he turned to me and said "I'm going to miss you mom. I going to miss all of you." I looked at him and I see and feel by the look on his face that he wished one of us was w/him on this trip. I told him we would miss him so much.

I told my sister that if he plans on continuing on this path, he's going to have to get used to being away from home. It's just one of those sacrifices you make for the things you love. I hope he has a great trip and takes my advice about taking lots of pictures and keeping a journal.

He comes back next week.



Me: Hey Nikko, bite the medal. You know, like how the Olympic athletes do it.
Nikko: Huh?
Me: Just bite the medal so I can take the photo!
Nikko: (biting the medal) Ew! This doesn't taste very good!
Me: Ew! You're not supposed to taste it! (Click.)

2 comments:

Gladys said...

ha-ha-ha. poor nikko. yet i, evil person that i am, still laugh when hearing about how his auntie joy forces him to pose for the publicity photos. (i'm guessing, but does bren like the camera better?)

j-ro said...

I don't ask Bren to pose. He just does it on his own! (Admittedly, Bren comes up with much better poses than I do.)