Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Reminder: Donations are due September 1st!

Hello All!

August is here and we're getting closer and closer to September 18th, the actual marathon day. Six months ago I would have never imagined myself making it this far in the training. It has been a long and tough road with the most challenging part of the journey ahead. Thank you all for your e-mails, letters and responses to my blog. Your support has been so encouraging - especially during moments when I’m in severe pain or when I have to sit out on a run because of an injury.

They say that timing is everything and I am so excited that I chose this particular time to run this marathon for the Manilatown Heritage Foundation. This month is filled with events commemorating the International Hotel eviction as well as celebrating the official grand opening of the International Hotel Manilatown Center. The information is posted below. If you happen to be in the bay area, I urge you to go and witness decades of hard work and struggle to keep the legacy of the International Hotel alive.

As a friendly reminder, I am one month away from my fundraising deadline. So far I have raised a little over $500. Granted, it is a little farther away from the $3000 goal. However, I’m confident that with your help, this goal will be met. Please contact me if you would like to donate. Every little bit helps. Please remember that your donations are completely tax deductible and they are going towards a wonderful cause. ALL DONATIONS ARE DUE SEPTEMBER 1st. If you are having trouble turning in donations by this date, please contact me. Again, thank you so much for your time. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at: jlrondilla@sbcglobal.net.

For our bayani, for our community, and for Manilatown and the I-Hotel, we runbutan.

Sincerely,
Joanne L. Rondilla



Come join us for the RISE of Manilatown and the commemoration of the 1977 eviction of the I-Hotel!

Sponsors/Support: International Hotel Senior Housing Inc. | Chinatown Community Development Center
| Kearny Street Housing Corp. | Chinese Progressive Association | Kearny Street Workshop

August 4
I-Hotel Eviction Commemoration
Candlelight Vigil
6 pm-9pm
Jackson Street @ Kearny
San Francisco CA

August 6
Premiere of Rise of the I-Hotel
1 pm-5 pm
Koret Auditorium
Main Library
Larkin & Grove Streets
San Francisco CA

August 26
International Hotel Manilatown Center
Grand Opening Celebration
1pm-5pm
3rd floor community space
848 Kearny Street @ Jackson
San Francisco CA

For more information www.manilatown.org/events or call
415-777-1130. A project of the Manilatown Heritage Foundation.

No comments: